One of the most frequent questions I’m asked from business owners, artists and entrepreneurs is, “Do I really need to have a blog?” or “Will a blog really help?” In almost every instance, my answer is a resounding YES.
I can’t think of a better way to …
- grow a community
- be informative without being annoying
- spread the word without expensive, intrusive advertising
- connect with the right people for your work
- boycott cold calling, e-blasts, marketing games and other nonsense
- make it easy for people to share your work
Starting a blog doesn’t have to be expensive. It doesn’t require extensive research or technical prowess. You don’t have to be an experienced writer or knowledgable about very much at all. If you care about what you do, and want to help people, there is a simple formula for blogging and business success: People first. When you think more about people and less about strategy, numbers, and what comes next, amazing things start to happen.
I created The Goodblog Project for new and experienced bloggers based on everything I know to be true about blogging your way to work you love. Read more about it here. If you want to start a blog or have a blog that isn’t working, connect with me and ask questions. I want to help.