The starving artist, trading tortured souls for masterpieces mentality doesn’t resonate with me. In fact, when I am down, stressed, worried, or hurt, my work suffers.
If I have to force the work or struggle too much, it gets messy and if it gets too messy, I give it up. I am all for working hard, but finding that place between ease and strain is simply sublime.
When I am engaged in projects that I truly believe in, projects that make me smile, and work that I create to make other people smile, I do my best work. Over the past several months, I’ve sent 4 new creations into the world.
- Spark & Tinder Monthly – a membership program designed to help you be more creative, develop a microbusiness, share your work with the world and connect you with each other.
- Mini-missions for Simplicity – my new book, now available on Amazon.
- 31 Days of Gifts You so Deserve – to help you fully enjoy the magical month of December and to simply embrace the holiday season.
- Simpleyear.co – a great collaboration with friends and simplicity authors to help you simplify your life one month at a time.
Each of these projects has helped me to be more creative, feel more satisfied with my work and connected me with wonderful people.
Questions I ask myself frequently
- What brings you joy in your work?
- How can you bring more joy into your day to day life to encourage your best work and relationships?
I have no idea what’s next, but I know I won’t settle for anything less than this joyful feeling.